Monday, February 15, 2010

Will you be my Valentine?

Don't you just love Valentine's Day? Honestly, it's not a day that we spend a lot of money celebrating but I do love the red, pink and white decorations. And homemade cards from my little one. They're the best.

That being said, it's not like we don't celebrate at all so here's how we celebrated the big day in the Bowers' household.

Miss Taylor did indeed fill her giant heart box with lots of cards and candy. She sported her new heart-shaped hair decorations at school on Friday. You can't really tell in the picture, though...and, by the way, I promise she does have other clothes underneath this hoodie. It just happens to be her favorite jacket right now so it only looks like it's the only thing the child ever wears. Trust me, as the laundry police in the house, she wears lots of cute stuff underneath. :-)

On Saturday we got up and ran a few errands before heading to Zumba. It was so good to get back in the gym and not feel like I was going to pass out. Seriously, it's the little things. Then we met Nana and Boppy for lunch at Pizza Hut, where we gave Boppy his birthday present - tickets to the Baylor/Texas Tech game tomorrow night. He was super stoked. And little miss charmed me into buying an extra ticket for her so she has big plans for Tuesday...

Then I headed home to get ready the wedding of one of my former co-workers, J. He is one of the nicest men I've ever met and truly deserved to find someone with whom to share his life. Have never wanted someone to have genuine happiness than him. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. And, because it was Valentine's Day Eve, he gave all of the ladies a rose. Isn't that sweet?
In this picture you can see the very classy vase I put the rose in when I got home. It was late, y'all. I was tired. Other than that I have no excuse.
Sunday morning brought news that the little one had a cough and sore throat at Nana's house and wouldn't be going to church. I did, however, go to Sunday School and big church before heading to Wal-Mart for our bi-weekly shopping trip. 

All by myself.

It was rough.

Once I put all of the groceries up (this post is almost as riveting as watching paint dry), I went to get the little one. Picked up a little gift for her on the way...
It's actually a SINGING balloon. Who knew?!?!
Lest I give you the impression that my man didn't observe the day, let me present Exhibit A: the cards that were waiting for me and Tay when we got home Friday afternoon....
The big guy, whose name is now Amore, was waiting for Tay...
Along with these...she was in heaven! Also, he wrote a really sweet message in her card but forgot to sign it. After reading it, she said "who do you think it could be from?" Apparently there are many people she suspects might leave us cards and chocolate at the dining table. So sweet and funny at the same time....
These were waiting for me. Yes, that does say "Dove" as in the most amazing chocolate you'll ever put in your mouth. Score!
Miss Tay gave me this cute blinged out flip flop charm. It may look like a keychain but it's apparently supposed to go on your rearview mirror. How awesome is that?!?! Now I just have to figure out how to get it on there...
In addition to homemade cards, Tay also gave us these cute little bears. She and I made these while she was sick a couple of weeks ago. Aren't they cute?

Please do not be deceived when you see these kits in the store, though, as all you get are a bunch of different size pom poms. It's a long-term project. But we made some fun memories :-)

And, finally, because I just love the friend, Robin, as she was presented with her rose at the wedding. Love, love, love her!!!
Happy Monday, y'all!!

P.S. I didn't leave Dave high and dry. I promise. He got a nice card (which I'm sure he just loooooved) and a subscription to Texas Monthly. Unfortunately, he has to wait 6-10 weeks for it to begin arriving. It's the thought that counts, though, right? :-)