Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Who is Faithful

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1


Shortly after I posted about losing our baby, I received a slew of emails from a number of friends and sorority sisters who have had the same experience, have lived through it and had more babies afterward. They were each of great encouragement to me, as you might imagine, but there was one that literally took my breath away.

It was sent by a sorority sister who I know to be absolutely precious and all about the Lord though we've not been all that close through the years. In the message, she told me she felt led to write and to reference Hebrews 11. And that she was standing in the gap for us. You have no idea what that meant to me as I was on the verge of falling apart at every turn.

Now, I won't bore you with all of the details of why this chapter in scripture is incredibly special to me but know that it is and that the Lord has used it to speak to many on many occasions. Through various people and ways that have no connection except for Him.

When I went back to read it again, something leapt off the page at me for the very first time ever. (Side note: don't you LOVE how He does that for us? I certainly do!) And, because writing all this out has sort of become my therapy, I'm going to share it with you...

I absolutely love Abraham's wife, Sarah, and can't tell you how many times I've been drawn to her story. So the fact that this verse really grabbed my heart at that specific moment in time isn't all that surprising....


And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.
Hebrews 11:11


However, what did grab me was this verse's striking resemblance to the one I'd just posted on this here little blog...and I had indicated it was what I was clinging to at that very moment...


Let us hold hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised is faithful!
Hebrews 10:23

So here's the deal - He has promised that He will never leave or forsake His children. He has promised to be the Redeemer and that the pain we experience here will have a purpose. He has not forgotten those promises. Or you. Or me. And He is faithful to keep those promises.

And I will continue to stand on those promises and wait with expectation to see how He will work in our lives through this season. It is a conscious choice and decision. About this I am not confused.

No, that does not mean all days are perfectly dandy and that I'm not still angry, hurt and confused.

It does not mean going back to my doctor's office for the first time last week didn't turn me into a crazy, hormonal, hot mess. It does not mean my man didn't have to speak for me while we were there because I was almost inconsolable.

It doesn't mean going back to church and facing our family of believers didn't make me want to sit down and let the hot tears threatening to overtake me have their way. And it most certainly doesn't mean that I don't have the urge to fling myself on the floor and pound my fists into the ground at times because THIS IS NOT FAIR!

But what it does mean is there is hope. I choose to have faith. And I know His love is unfathomable. I also know He's here. How? Because of another promise from the One who is faithful...

The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He delivers those who are discouraged.
Psalm 34:18 NET

1 comments:

Katie said...

Casi, thank you for posting this and sharing your heart.

I'm so sorry. Love you, friend.