Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 16, 2011

For His Glory

He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2:14 NLT


I am truly overwhelmed by the love, emails, Facebook messages, texts and sweet thoughts that have covered and showered us after sharing the loss of our baby with the world. And, while I am much less fragile than I was when writing that initial post, I must admit that the grief and "what ifs" do still come in waves.

But here's the thing - everything I have read and been shown in the Word in the last week or so is about God's glory. In fact, when reading Radical the other night, I was struck by the fact that our successes and blessings given to us are for His glory. Not ours. Everything given to us is, in the end, to honor and glorify God.

In my estimation (granted, I'm not a great theologian), our trials and tribulations are for His glory as well. Otherwise, He would not have allowed them to occur. Honestly, I don't have any idea why my baby wasn't allowed to continue living and join us here BUT I do know that our baby's life was not taken while the Lord looked away or just wasn't paying attention.

It had to have been allowed by Him. That's just a fact.

Which leaves me with yet another question because I know, without a doubt, that He must have allowed this for a reason. I have struggled somewhat because, as most people know, Dave and I have been through a lot of junk. However, all of it was self-induced and were things we either directly caused or were consequences to our actions.

This was not. We didn't cause this and it wasn't a result of anything we did or didn't do...and that's hard to swallow. In fact, it would be downright impossible to swallow if we didn't still have hope. And faith.

So what I believe - and will continue to lean on - is that the Lord allowed this sad season in our lives for a reason. He is completely good and perfect so this wasn't done out of meanness, punishment or spite. There must be a greater good and I am determined that losing our baby will, in some way, bring Him glory. How? I really don't know, y'all, but I do believe with everything in me that He will redeem this season.

This sad, heartbreaking, confusing - and at times - angry time...

He. Will. Redeem. It.

Now we wait to behold His glory.

Bring it, Lord.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8

0 comments: