Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, April 8, 2011

Long Lost Friends

On our way to Brazos Nights last week, I checked Facebook and saw that a couple of our long lost friends - David and Mindi - were making the trek to Waco to see The Stragglers as well. We were so excited to meet up with them though I'm really not sure why my face is so swollen in these pictures. I know why it's shiny - it was a wee bit HUMID - but the other I can't explain :-)


Yes, I've always had a double chin no matter how skinny or fat I've been...I come from a long line of round faced folks and I'm good with that...it's tradition!





We had a great time and really enjoyed catching up with our friends. Though we moved from the Temple/Belton area almost four years ago (hard to believe it's been that long), it was just like picking up where we left off. So thankful for that fun evening!

In other news, I've been thinking a lot about "this time last year." If you recall, Dave had surgery on March 5 of last year so he was still on crutches and non-weightbearing, which made life a bit more difficult for him to navigate.

Though the surgery wasn't successful, I did learn through last year's process that I actually could mow the grass throughout its growing season and live to tell about it. :-) There were a lot of other things we learned as well and I'm just so thankful that Tonto was able to get his injection last month that seems to really be helping his knee.

He'll probably have surgery in September to correct his meniscus tear and do the injection again (this time in both knees) and I'm praying HARD that he will get a number of years of mostly pain free days. All that to say, what a difference a year - and the good Lord - can make!

Happy Friday, y'all :-)

0 comments: