Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Clay Snowman

My girl has always had a love for art. She's always been pretty darn good at it as well, which is amazing to me because I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. And, while I could let y'all believe that statement was tongue in cheek, I can assure you it was 100% true. For real.

Yes, I realize that is sad; however, there is now an app for this problem. And a number of computer programs as well. I have overcome! :-)

Anyway, back to the girl. This year she has alternated between music and art each six weeks in preparation for choosing a fine art elective that will run throughout the year in sixth grade.

Shall we pause for a moment of silence as I wipe my tears thinking of my baby being that old?

And now I'm back...

Taylor has become an even bigger fan of art throughout this year and even chose art for her elective next year after briefly entertaining the idea of choir. It was short-lived because those crafty projects were just calling her name.

Well, this six weeks is her last in said elective so they've taken the projects up a notch so to speak. (You know, if you were Emeril.) She came home with one that she's been working on for several weeks and I was pretty impressed...


Isn't he delightfully colorful? We thought so too :-)


Now right about you're thinking I may have overestimated some art talent; however, I did not call her Rembrandt or vanGogh. Besides, she has another year to grow before choosing her next elective...

I may or may not have heard through the grapevine that she's thinking seriously about theater. Either way, I'm totally on board with that one, y'all! And pretty much anything else she wants to do as well :-)

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments: