Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sing, Sing a Song!

Last night was the girl's 5th grade music program and we were blessed by some patriotic songs sung by super sweet voices. I'm really finding this age fun because the personalities of the kiddos are really coming through and it's fun to imagine them in high school.

Note I believe it's fun to IMAGINE them in high school. I'm under no delusion that wailing and gnashing of teeth won't occur when that time comes because, honestly, how can this child possibly be growing up so stinkin' fast?

Anyway, I digress...

Taylor's music teacher was an absolute doll. This year they alternate each six week between music and art in order to help them decide what fine art elective they would like to pursue next year. My child has chosen to pursue art because there was mention of calligraphy, clay and the ability to make a piggy bank.

Needless to say, I decided to enjoy our last evening of music for a while...


The kids were really great and sang their little hearts out. Due to the fluctuating hormones of the 'tween stage, it's always interesting to watch my girl be so sweet and compliant in public places. I am grateful she feels comfortable enough to express her true feelings at home (for the most part) but it's nice to have a break from the rollercoaster from time to time. :-)


After the program she told me that she could see me and my camera and informed that that's why she kept looking the other way. Got to love her!


Singing a special part with sweet friends...


After dinner we had a yummy dinner at Cheddar's with my parents. When we got home, Tay took a shower and went to bed immediately. Of her own volition. Either she was exhausted or is finally catching some of the crud going around. Praying it's not the latter.


Thus concludes my recap of the girl's last program of this type. 

Sniff. Sniff.

0 comments: