Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ADDY Awards Banquet

Last weekend Dave and I attended the ADDY Awards Banquet as my division had entered a number of pieces throughout the various categories. It was an evening filled with delightful banter, yummy food, more superheroes than I could shake a stick at (long story) and - in the end - recognition for the work in which we take great pride.


I have worked at jobs I love, jobs I hate, jobs that were a means to an end, and jobs where I loved the people but not the tasks to which I was assigned. I can honestly - and wholeheartedly - tell you that my current gig is one that came directly from years of prayer. There is absolutely no place I would rather be and, believe me, I know it is an incredible blessing.

In other news, Tonto is going to have his knee injected with some synthetic cartilage-type stuff on Monday, March 7. Please pray with me that it will be successful as not all patients get relief from this type of treatment. He also has what is believed to be a miniscus tear but that's not something that can be fixed right now for a variety of reasons.

So my prayer is that the injections will get him from "here" to "there," though I'm not exactly certain what that will be. What I do know is that He will take care of it. :-)

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

0 comments: