Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Life No One Else Would Want

Hello from frigidly cold Waco, Texas!


Yes, you read that right. My daughter tells me it's colder here than Alaska. Not sure what to say about that, friends. My husband, however, has plenty to say but I'll spare you that dialogue at this point. It can be summed up as, "I live in Texas for a reason. So I don't freeze to death." But with more passion and color!

Anyway, I've been thinking (dangerous territory, I know) a lot lately about my life. And how much I enjoy it. Seriously, y'all, it's so much fun. I have an awesome husband, daughter, family, friends, church family, co-workers and job. Not to mention the Puppy Posse.

And I know just how blessed I am because I've, unfortunately, lived through varying stages (due mostly to my own behavior and choices) of each. The good. The bad. The ugly. And the super terrifying. 

Here's another thing about my life - it's really busy, exhausting, sometimes has a tinge of drama and is almost always amusing. At least to me anyway.

Quite frankly, that suits me to a "T" and, y'all, I would probably be bored to tears if it weren't exactly this way.

But yet I often find myself complaining.

Why?!?!

It's not like I don't have enough. Eons than I deserve. More than I really need in most areas of life. 

But I am also one who God has had to reform on the materialistic side. By that I mean that my life used to be about nothing other than having the biggest house, best clothes, biggest car, etc.

And you know where that got me?

Almost divorced and close to being completely alone, just to name a couple off the top of my head.

That's not who I want to be and, thanks be to God, it's honestly not who I am in my heart anymore. But I'm human and that means I'm not perfect. Unless I fully let Him guide my life, I tend to fall back into Satan's trap and believe what he's saying which is, "You're not good enough. You don't have enough. And you never will. But if you keep wearing yourself out with this stuff, maybe you'll get ahead one day."

In that type of plan, what am I actually collecting along the way? 

Junk, for the most part. None of which furthers the Kingdom of God or adds to the joy only He can provide.

And if I continue to wear myself out with things of the world, will I ever the energy to further His work?

Absolutely not!

So, after wrestling with all of that - and much more, to be frank, but I'm attempting to NOT write the longest post in the history of the free world - here's what I believe:

My life is probably one no one else would want. Nope. Not anyone.

Why?

Because this is the life He has ordained for me. It suits me to a "T" because that's the way God has it planned. And all of those people who I used to try to measure myself up against have lives I don't want either. They have their own. Their own blessings, their own problems, their own issues and their own praises.

I know that each of us is "fearfully and wonderfully made." He knows the number of hairs on my head (and the volume of said hair on any given day). What makes my soul rejoice. 

He has a plan for ME. And he has a plan for YOU. They're not the same and they're not supposed to be. Not even close.

So I choose to be thankful for what He has given me. In exactly the way it was ordained. Nothing more. Nothing less. Because it speaks to just how unique we each are in His eyes. And to the personal relationship He enters into with His children.

Really, could there be any greater gift?

And it is impossible to please God without faith! Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)

0 comments: