Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, February 16, 2009

First BBQ of the Season

The last weekend Dave was off (2/7), the weather was really spring-like so we did what our family loves to do when the weather gets warm - brought out the BBQ pit! Honestly, if the weather would permit, we would eat nothing but food cooked outside all year long so we jumped at the chance to get started a little early.


Miss Taylor asked for ribs and sausage but the wind started blowing really hard so we had to finish the ribs in the oven (they already had that great smokey taste, though) and we saved the sausage. Dave will actually be smoking it today so we can have it for dinner this evening.

I made my dad's yummy baked bean recipe and my mom's tater salad. We also got some fresh French bread and toasted it up with butter and garlic powder. Yum, yum, yum is all I can say. The ribs we found (at Wal-Mart which is unusual for us) were so big that Dave and I could only eat one each. Tay was full after half :-)...

While the pit was going, Tay brought out her basketball and challenged us to a game of Horse. She is only 9 and almost 4'11" tall so this is one game that just might be in her future. I was super impressed with her accuracy. Bless her heart, though, she's about as coordinated as I am (ie broken foot in kindergarten and broken arm in second grade...both happened at school); however, I figure if she's big enough to block and accurate enough to shoot, she'll be good to go!!

One of my new favorite pics - love, love, love that face

Tay lovin' on her favorite four-legged folks. By the way, she specifically requested this hairdo...not sure where she saw it...probably one of those tween shows she watches.

Hey, guys, let's go check the mail!

My man overseeing his BBQ empire.

The pit...this is the smoking pit. We have a gas pit as well...Dave insists on it :-)

She shoots...she scores!

0 comments: