Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finally - The New Couch Arrives

I don't think I've blogged about all of the drama we've had with our couch in the past few months but let's just say it's been MAJOR. The one we had was fabulous except that the fabric started pulling and was threadbare in certain spots. Did I mention it was less than a year old? 


So we contacted the company but the warranty wouldn't cover it because it wasn't "pulling at the seams." We hadn't quite finished paying for it so we obviously didn't want to keep a defective couch and we didn't want the same one again since this one hadn't lasted. In addition, it was microsuede and I learned the hard way that you can't keep that stuff clean...at least when you have three puppies.

So we returned the old couch and ordered a new one. We only got a 15% refund but we swallowed that and resigned ourselves to 3 weeks without a couch. Tay loved it because she could practice tumbling...

Three weeks later, I inquired about our new couch and was told it had only been ordered 2 days before. WHAT?!?! Oh, and it was backordered so it would be 6-12 weeks. I was livid and just couldn't contain my fury any longer. It all culminated when the guy told me to "take my business elsewhere" if I didn't like it and then hung up on me after I asked who owned the store.

Needless to say, Dave was pretty hot by this time as well. (Funny thing - I fly off the handle easily but get over it just as quickly. It takes him a long time to blow but, once he does, look out world!) To make a long story short, he had a chat with the owner, we picked out a new couch from the catalog and were told it would be shipped on February 17.

It came in last week and was delivered on Saturday. Only it was WAY too big for our living room. So I got creative because there was no way I was calling these people after all the drama and saying 'oops, I made a mistake.' I took the middle section out of the sectional (thank you, Lord, for decorating shows on TLC where I got the idea) and replaced the old chaise lounge in the office with a swank little loveseat. 

I absolutely LOVE IT but, honestly, if it hadn't worked, I would have rented a storage unit just to hold the thing rather than return it and go through this drama again.



The new couch - don't you just love the giraffe-print pillows? Dave doesn't really care for them but said the phrase all women long to hear "as long as it makes you happy, I don't care..."

The center section I took out and put in the office. Our office is octagon-shaped so it curves really nicely with the wall. And it doesn't take up as much room as the chaise did so we have extra room to move around. The Lord saved this foolish girl yet again, y'all!

0 comments: