Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I think it's safe to say Memorial Day Weekend 2013 will go down as one that was epic. And will not be forgotten quickly. 

To start off the fun, my sweet friend, Candice, and I did our first (and possibly last) mud run. When we signed up, they said nothing about swimming, jumping off 15-foot towers, and sliding down the side of mountains.

Well played, Mudquest. Well. Played.


After recovering for a bit (and being hosed off in the front yard before being allowed to enter the house), we went to the movies and saw Hangover 3. Some of my friends have said they really didn't like it. I, however, LOVED it. Laughed until my stomach hurt.

On Sunday morning, we headed to Hawaiian Falls for the first time this season. They upgraded one of the slides with party lights and a playlist. You can literally pick the song you want to listen to while careening through darkness. It was sooooo much fun.


And Sunday evening we went to yet another movie. This time it was G.I. Joe and it was really good. Except for the fact that they killed off Channing Tatum. I mean, really?!?!

Monday afternoon we headed over to the house of one of the nurses Dave works with and reunited with our kickball peeps. It was soooo much fun. A great way to round out an amazing weekend with my fam.


And now I just need the end of school and official start of summer so we can rest, relax and enjoy life without commitments for a few months. :-)

0 comments: