Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Member of the Family

There are a number of things I enjoy in life but one of them, friends, is not change. I like order, routine and structure. My man likes to be spontaneous, doesn't make plans and frequently changes courses on a dime. Drives. Me. Bananas.

But opposites attract, right?

Last week I was sort in and out of blogland for several reasons. One was that it was the anniversary of a week one year ago that was extremely emotionally packed. In addition to saying goodbye to Bo and hello to Rambo, we also - during that week in 2010 - learned that one of Tonto's good friends had lost his wife to breast cancer at the age of 38 and my grandmother had major surgery as well.

Like I said, it was emotionally packed. And reliving it this year was somewhat emotional as well.

But another reason is that we were contemplating purchasing a new vehicle. These days we find ourselves with numerous 'tween girls visiting almost every weekend. This, at times, makes transporting all the girls difficult as my Trailblazer (aka Bob) only seated five.

So on Friday evening a big ol' change occurred. At least it was big to me.

We said goodbye to Bob...


...and hello to Bobby...


Bobby seats seven and that extra seating folds down nicely for cargo space when it's not needed. He's definitely a newer and sleeker automobile but I must admit to feeling torn about leaving Bob. 

Ironically, we brought Rambo home from the Killeen area on October 28, 2010. We brought Bobby home from the Killeen area on October 28, 2011.

One can only imagine what we'll bring home on 10.28.12 :-)

1 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Love the new wheels! You look great :)