Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Any Pickers Among the Crowd?

While I can't speak for everyone's family, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is one item in our home I will never control: the remote control. 

Between Tonto and the girl, there's about a ten percent chance that I choose what we watch unless I happen to be the only one in the house. I say ten because the man does watch Real Housewives of Orange County and New Jersey with me. And sometimes Big Brother. 

But, honestly, I generally don't care what we watch either. Don't take it that way because it isn't a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things.

Besides, I learn things when he's the flipper. For instance, do you know what's currently happening in the World Wrestling Federation? I do. Have you seen Swamp People, every episode of Cops and disturbing show called Locked Up Abroad? Because I totally have...

I also see a number of episodes of a show that stars a guy named Rick who restores some really cool items. Which leads us to Pawn Stars, Billy the Exterminator, Storage Wars and what has become a personal favorite - American Pickers.

Had we not happened upon that gem of a show, I would have had no idea that there was gold in the hills called Independence. While we were there for Line Camp, I snapped a few shots of items I've seen on the show that were worth big bucks!






Pretty awesome, no? I mean, if I was a picker and had any idea who owned these properties and had cash on me and knew who to sell them to in order to make a profit...

Well, I guess now we all see why I just took pictures. :-)

Happy Tuesday!

P.S. Did you also know it's Shark Week? That one disturbed me a bit since we're going to the beach soon...

0 comments: