Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Journey Home From Disney

We set out early on Sunday to head to Maw Maw's house from our wonderful Disney World experience. We were all pretty worn out so it was a much more subdued trip than the journey to the magic. 


For the first time in a week, we ate somewhere that was not Disney related. Tay chose Burger King and, once we got inside, we realized it was decorated in a '50s theme. We, of course, ate at the car table.

Was there any doubt?

Once we got back on the road, we rested for a bit and then my mom called. While I had been optimistic about making it back to Texas before Pop passed away, it wasn't to be. He had gone home during the night - shortly before midnight to be exact. This is where the trip got even more subdued.

Tay asked me to take some pictures for her scrapbook at this point. I obliged. Below you will find the items she felt were essential in documenting her trip.

Giant Mickey rice krispie treat...
Stitch...
...and his friend, Donald...
Dave realized, at this point, that we needed a distraction so he suggested we take a little detour and have lunch on Pensacola Beach. We were all for that since the one thing we hadn't seen during our Florida vacation was a beach with white sand.

Heading over to the beach...


We had lunch at a great seafood restaurant. I think it was called Flounder's but I wouldn't swear to it (you know, if I actually swore) because I was a bit distracted. I left Tay and Dave to the cheese sticks, which were also served with fried jalapeno cheese cubes that were de-li-cious, to call my mom and see what the scoop was on arrangements. And also to see if my stepdad wanted Tay to come back with us instead of staying with Maw Maw...he thought it would be a good idea if she stayed in Louisiana and had fun.

When I came back, I found a very happy child...

...who was enjoying a Dr. Pepper for the first time in a week (Disney is a Coca-Cola park)...

After stuffing ourselves with a seafood platter (Dave and me) and popcorn shrimp (Tay), we headed out the back door to get some sand in our flip flops.




As we were leaving, Tay was amazed at the size of this clam so I, of course, documented it.

We stayed at Maw Maw's house that evening and enjoyed her delicious homemade spaghetti. The next morning we were off early again and Tay was in heaven for an entire week. She and Maw Maw went shopping, out to eat almost every day, and just had a good time lovin' on each other.

Dave and I made it back just in time for Pop's visitation. I attended it while he gave all of the dogs a bath after they came home with fleas. We buried Pop the next day and spent the remainder of the week helping my parents go through he and Nan's things at their home.

Can I just say that a couple who were married for 60+ years have a LOT of stuff?!?!

Anyway, this concludes our Disney documentary. Hope you enjoyed the trip. We will now return to regularly scheduled programming. Lots to catch you up on!

0 comments: