Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fourth of July Spectacular

My parents drove to Louisiana and picked Miss Taylor up after her fun-filled week with Maw Maw while Dave and I tried to put our house and life back together after weeks of upheaval. They came back to Texas on the Fourth of July and immediately headed over to Aunt Anna's (not related by blood but one of my mom's very best friends in the entire world) house for a little patriotic fun.


You see, Aunt Anna's house in Temple backs up to the HEB fireworks spectacular so the view from her pool is fantabulous. Plus, her nieces were there to keep Miss Thang busy and happy.

See?



After our own little private fireworks show that may or may not have included a spinning one going into the neighbor's very dry and grass-filled yard followed by another landing on Anna's roof, the big show began.



I mean, it wasn't Disney but it was pretty awesome. My photography skills were apparently lacking that night because there were some amazing shots to be had during the finale but obviously I didn't succeed in capturing any. Sorry...

Boppy and his best bud, Jerry...

Nana and one of her best buds, Teresa...notice Nana's super awesome hat - it was my grandmother's...

Aunt Anna (on the right) and one of her other Louisiana friends. Apparently she thinks we gals from the Bayou State are the bomb!

After the show, it was time for some more water logged fun...

Seriously - can you imagine a more appropriate shirt for this type of festivity? When Teresa got there, she asked if she should salute him. Cracked me slap dab up, y'all. For real.

We had planned to attend the Belton Fourth of July Parade like we do most years that morning but Pop's sudden passing changed things up a bit. After such a tiring week (or two) we were all glad to just celebrate with a low-key (but not low on fun) affair.

Next year we'll hit the parade again. And maybe Fourth on the Brazos in the afternoon like we did last year. And Aunt Anna's house. I suppose we'll have to see what all 2010 brings. (Is it just me or does it sound totally weird to say 2010?)

I'm trying to catch up quickly so I can get back to more timely info. You may be bombarded, though, so I'll apologize in advance. :-)

0 comments: