Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, July 31, 2009

Fore - Take Two

As you may recall,  Miss Taylor took golf lessons last year. She really enjoyed it and I just knew we'd found her sport. You know, after we actually finished a set of lessons since she broke her arm halfway through the first...

Anyway, she decided to take lessons again this year. I was a little afraid that we wouldn't fair as well with the instructor as she had absolutely loved Ryan (who also played football for Baylor and, if I do say so myself, will make one young lady very happy one day). Luckily, Ryan let me know shortly before lessons began that his friend Carmine would be teaching this year.
Carmine (the guy on the right in the pic above - that's Dave playing with Tay's clubs on the left) plays on the Baylor golf team, is a fabulous young man (wow - do I sound old or what) and Tay really liked him a lot. Unfortunately, she just wasn't all that into me taking pictures of her so I only have shots of the last lesson before we left for Disney. The quality of a few of them is questionable but keep in mind that I was having to duck, hide, point, click, shoot and then hide again before I got the stink eye from my precious child.

Just another day on the course...

Her new golf bag that apparently looks just like Boppy's...

Hmmm...which way do you think it will roll?

I'm so talented I can play with three clubs at a time!

Couldn't stand missing out on the fun...

Fore!

Yeah, that's my ball in the hole. What about it?

Stance of success. Or not.
While Tay has decided not to actually take lessons again next year (probably a good thing anyway because I think she's reached the limit of what volunteer coaches at the YMCA can teach her), she is looking forward to playing on real courses with Davey. 

You know, once it's not 110 degrees in the shade here in sunny Texas. So expect some more golf shots in November or so - we'll call it the holiday edition!

0 comments: