Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 7, 2011

Purple Haze

My calendar says it's Monday so I've been at the office just working away. I'm having to rely heavily on outside forces telling me what day, time, decade it is lately, it seems...

That really sounds dramatic but all is well, I promise. You see I had to begin taking steroids last week due to an ugly case of allergies (like, really ugly) and it would seem that I don't have the typical reaction to said medication. While most people feel hot, hungry, have a short fuse, etc. I - on the other hand - experience a sort of "out of body" state in which nothing seems real.

Sounds fun, right? Sort of but it's also kind of scary/alarming/weird as well.

Anyway, I took my last dose last night so now I'm just waiting for the meds to get out of my system. And praying I never, ever have to take them again. Ever!

Needless to say, we didn't have a very busy weekend. My man took the girl to the skating rink where she enjoyed several fun-filled hours with a friend while I took an afternoon nap on Saturday. He headed back to work yesterday but I did manage to get the girl and I to church before meeting up with my parents since Tay is spending a couple of days of Spring Break at their house.

She'll head back to Waco tomorrow and our little family of three will be off for three whole days together. I'm super excited about this but, honestly, have no idea what we're going to do with the time. We're thinking of taking in a Baylor baseball game (hello, game-winning grand slam!), maybe going to the zoo and who knows what else...

Clearly this is riveting information but I didn't even take the camera out this weekend (not that I could have figured out how to use it anyway due to my mental state) so all I'm left with is words today.

My sincere apologies, y'all.

For real.

There is one exciting thing looming tomorrow, though, and that is Fat Tuesday! As most people know, I'm from Louisiana and we always celebrate this day with a homemade King Cake and my Paw Paw's jambalaya. Because I'm feeling super guilty about the lack of excitement (or coherent thought) contained in this post, may I offer up this recipe as a peace offering?

Happy Monday, friends!

0 comments: