Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Big Snipparoo

It has become rather apparent that we own one of the smartest puppies on earth. For instance, we had to stop telling him he was going to "daycare" the night before he headed to Dogtopia because he would act like such a nut the next morning I could hardly get dressed. 

Sort of like, "Hurry up, woman!'


Last night Dave and I were discussing Rambo's big adventure for today - the big neuter surgery. You see, he's now seven months old and must have this procedure before going back to said daycare to play with his friends.

Apparently he heard every single word. And also understood the premise.


Because the little fella did not let his dad sleep more than two hours last night. I was in and out of sleep and many times thought I was dreaming these wild events but, if memory serves, he even got himself stuck underneath the bed at one point. And there was barking. 

By both the man and the pup.


Unfortunately, his unruly behavior continued after I got up this morning as he was very fidgety, did some things on the carpet that said floor covering is not made for, refused to get into the car and then refused to get out of the car before refusing to walk back with the vet tech. He required a personal carry. At 50 pounds!


While I am impressed that a canine possesses this intelligence, I can assure you we will not be having conversations that involve Rambo in his presence from this point forward. I am happy to report he came through his surgery like a champ and can be picked up later this afternoon.

Now I'm taking bets as to how long it will be before he's willing to speak to me again.

0 comments: