Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They Say It's Your Birthday

Dear Taylor,

Yesterday was your birthday and I cannot believe you're already 11 years old. It seems like just yesterday that I was rocking you to sleep, watching you learn to walk and explore your surroundings. The funny thing is that some things don't change no matter how old you are, my dear. I still enjoy seeing the world through your eyes and learn more about your sweet and funny personality each and every day.

As we were spinning 'round and 'round on rides at the HOT Fair last night, all I could think about is how drastically different this birthday is compared to your last. This time last year you had recently had surgery and were heartbroken that you had to cancel your party plans (taking girlfriends to the fair) and were unable to ride anything due to your injury.

Of course, that didn't stop you from slinging darts with your non-dominant hand and winning a eukalele but that's another story...

You are - and will forever be - my strong and beautiful girl. The one who always has a funny quip regardless of the situation and still revels in snuggling with her puppies as often as possible. The one who is crazy smart and whose compassion challenges me to be a better person. The one who still wants several hugs a day and says "I love you" as many times a day as possible.

The one who asked every single ride operator last night if they thought I should be checked to see if I met the height requirement...because you're so excited about being taller than your mom. The one who has saved me from myself on multiple occasions without even knowing it. The one who has shown incredible strength - in both good times and bad - and never skips a beat because you just enjoy life. To the fullest.


I love you, sweet girl, and am so thankful to be your mom. You bring more joy than we deserve to each and every single day. May this year be the best yet for you, my dear.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

0 comments: