Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The New Hat



During the Christmas holidays, Miss Tay informed me that she wanted a hat. Not just any hat, mind you, but one that "fit sideways." After I figured out what she was talking about, we set out on a shopping trip. 


I must admit that I thought it would be an expedition and was pleasantly surprised - thank you, Lord - that we found one in the half off bin at Claire's. It is now Tay's favorite obsession! She doesn't even think she needs to brush her hair when it's on her head, which just thrills Dave (Mr. Hair Hygiene) to death :-)

Things have been relatively quiet this week compared to last week's plumbing issues. My doctor is playing with my blood pressure meds as they weren't working after he had to half the dosage due to side effects. Taylor is doing her first TAKS simulation today and, I must say, that I'm not a big fan of these tests thus far. 

Children, such as mine, who are incredibly bright but suffer from test anxiety sometimes aren't measured effectively, in my opinion. But that's just my opinion and, since it's a state requirement, we're bucking up and studying hard. My thought is that the more comfortable she is with the types of questions and setting, the less anxiety she'll experience. Oh, how I pray I'm right about that :-)

Other than that, I'm working really closely with Baylor's Kappa Delta chapter as they're doing recruitment next weekend. The current girls are good but they're suffering the effects of a few pledge classes who got a bit lazy. I'm praying, though, that the National Officers who are here will help them to right the ship, though.



Oh, and I almost forgot, our house is now all decorated for Valentine's Day as is Miss Tay's blog. I got my present really early - Dave found someone to come in and clean our house every other week and I could not be happier!

0 comments: