Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Barkin' Ball 2008

Dave and I rang in the New Year at Barkin' Ball, which benefits Fuzzy Friends Rescue. This is the only no-kill shelter in Waco and I did some design work on their Christmas newsletter. In return, Betsy Robinson (the founder and, for my Baylor friends, the namesake of Robinson Tower) graciously provided us with tickets to the ball.


It was really a ton of fun but I must admit that we left at 11pm because Dave's bad knee was hurting so badly that he broke out into a cold sweat. Next year we'll remember to bring the Advil!

While we were there, Tay went to a sleepover at her gymnastics center. She had an absolutely blast flipping and flopping all night long. When I say all night, I really mean it because the child had gotten NO SLEEP when we picked her up the next morning. Needless to say, it was a lazy day around our home on New Year's Day :-)

It's not a party without a roulette wheel, right?
I loved this flower arrangement and lounge area...
Our table...
Dave really doesn't have a lazy eye...he scratched it with his contact when we were getting dressed...
Oh white chocolate fountain, if only you could have gone home with me, we could have been such good friends...

0 comments: