Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 30, 2009

Eighties Craze

One of the things I love about working at Baylor is that I'm off for almost all of the same holidays as Tay. When we were off for MLK's birthday last week, we had a day full of fun. First, we headed out to Claire's because that is truly Tay's favorite place to shop these days.


She had a $10 coupon and I agreed to buy her a couple of items thinking we'd walk out with hair accessories, cute earrings and maybe a bracelet. I was, however, completely off base. It seems that many of the fads from the '80s are making a comeback and my precious child loves every single one of them!!

While I have to admit that she looked really cute, I kept having flashbacks to Madonna's early music videos, my mother's old Jane Fonda workout videos and a couple of my 'fashion don't' photos that survived from the era.

Seriously, what's next? 



This pretty sums up the whole fashion experience, doesn't it?
You have to look really closely but the earrings she chose are just multicolored wire wrapped into a big ball. What?!?!
Ok, so I realize these are a bit more Jackie O than '80s but she's still in the wrong decade :-)
Yes, those are genuine Airwalk hi-tops. They are plaid and the black flowers on the sides are crushed velvet. The socks actually go up to her knees and she asks to wear them every single day...
The piece de resistance - remember those gloves from Madonna, Prince and Michael Jackson?

0 comments: